Monday, December 14, 2015

I am offended....

I am offended, nearly daily, by strangers, friends and, yes, by family.  It's easy to be offended.

And yet, almost every day, I sit, in silence, and see that I'm offended.

Offense, like beauty is "in the eye of the beholder".  I am offended because I have views and feelings that I hang on to; that I deem better than someone else's.

I am also very aware, most mornings, that in this universe, vast beyond the understanding of mere homo sapiens, this planet is just a speck of dust and everything that happens on this planet is, in comparison, inconsequential. Ugliness and hatred and greed and envy still continue as do love and generosity and hope and openness and will until the end of this planet and this species. And, I let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment